The Site and Application are created, developed and operated by AKAZOO LIMITED (hereinafter “Akazoo”) a company with registered office located at 101 Rose Street South Lane, Edinburgh, EH2 3JG, United Kingdom.
Akazoo undertakes to comply with the applicable legislation relating to the protection of privacy, in particular the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, (hereinafter referred to together as the “Applicable Regulation”).
The User acknowledges that, by using the Site and/or the Application and/or by using one of the free or paid services made available offered by Akazoo (hereinafter the “Services”), his/her Data are collected and processed according to the terms and conditions set out hereinafter.
The present policy (the “Policy”) may be modified at any time, in particular in order to ensure compliance with any legislative, regulatory, case law, editorial or technical changes.
The User must therefore refer, before any use of the Services, to the latest version of the Policy.
Identity of the Data controller
The Data controller is the company AKAZOO LIMITED, a company with registered office located at 101 Rose Street South Lane, Edinburgh, EH2 3JG, United Kingdom.
In order to provide its Services, Akazoo may collect Data relating to the Users.
The Data provided directly by the User
During his/her registration and use of the Services, the User provides various Data directly to Akazoo. These Data include in particular:
- The Data necessary for the creation of the User account such as an email address or mobile phone number and login details via third-party services (Facebook).
- The User account personalization Data such as first name, last name, gender, date of birth, profile picture, musical preferences, favorite content (artists, albums, tracks, radios, playlists, liked tracks, disliked tracks).
The Data collected automatically by Akazoo
During the use of the Services, Akazoo collects Data relating to the connection, browsing or the use of the Services.A. Services interaction Data
These Data include in particular:
- Favorite content (artists, albums, tracks, radios, created or followed playlists, liked tracks, disliked tracks);
- Listening history;
- Data on interaction with other users of the Services such as the users whose activity the User has decided to follow, or the users who decide to follow the activity of the User (subject to the privacy settings of the User).
For the entire duration of the commercial relationship, Akazoo collects various Data for the management of the commercial relationship as well as for invoicing.B.1 Invoicing and transaction Data
In the event of a subscription to one of the paid Services, Akazoo collects the Data necessary for the purposes of invoicing, managing the transactions, and accounting. These Data vary according to the payment method and the company responsible for collecting the payment (for example, in the event that payment is made through a telecommunications operator). They include in particular information relating to the type of subscription(s), the method of payment, and details of the transaction carried out.B.2 Customer Service interaction Data
In the event of interaction with the Customer Service the latter may collect certain Data in order to process the User’s request. These include in particular the Data allowing Customer Service to identify the User (Akazoo username, last name, first name), the date, time and reason for the User’s request, the content of exchanges with the Customer Service, the additional Data necessary for the handling of the request, as the case may be.C. Connection and navigation Data
The Data relating to any device used to access the Services and the manner in which the User interacts with the Services. These Data include in particular:C.1 Data collected automatically
These Data in particular are as follows:
- the ID or unique device identifiers (including mobile devices) used to access the Services; the characteristics of the devices and software (type and version of the operating system, or the language used on the device) used for the connection to the Services.
- the Services connection data, including:
- the type of connection to the Services (3G, 4G, LTE, WiFi, offline),
- statistics on the pages of the Services displayed,
- the IP address (indicating the country and city of connection).
- the level of activity or inactivity on the Services.
D. Data collected from telecommunications operators
Some Users access the Services through offers distributed by mobile network operators. In this context, certain Data are shared by the operator to Akazoo (for example the mobile phone number), in order to allow these Users to access the Service for which they are eligible according to their type of subscription.E. Data relating to the participation of the User in marketing operations
In the event of participation in a competition, or in an event organized by Akazoo, the Data allowing the registration and participation in the said competition or event are collected.
Purpose of processing
Akazoo gathers, collects, and stores the Data as set out above for the following purposes:
- Supply of the Services and ensuring their proper functioning;
- Improvement of the Services, to optimize them, or to offer new functionalities;
- Personalization of the Services according to the User’s preferences, location, tastes and interests (declared or deduced), resulting from his/her use of the Services, the information provided, his/her interactions with the Services and his/her navigation on this one;
- Informing the User of Akazoo’s offers and news;
- Informing the User of Akazoo partners’ offers and news;
- Handling the User relationship via the Customer Service;
- Handling invoicing and payment operations;
- Measuring the audience of the Services;
- Organizing competitions and promotional operations;
- Making available sharing tools for social networks where the User has agreed to the sharing of such information;
- Carrying out customer satisfaction surveys;
- Carrying out statistical, selection and segmentation analysis of the Users to improve the Services;
- Allowing the User to exercise their rights described in the section “Rights over the Data” of the present Policy;
- Fight fraud and payment defaults;
- Ensure the security of the Site, the Application and the Services.
Recipients of the Data
The Data collected or processed during the use of the Services by the User are sent to Akazoo entities, to the approved and authorized persons within Akazoo who, due to their role, need to have access to such Data for the purposes of processing described above, as well as:
- The technical sub-contractors chosen by Akazoo may, on behalf of and following the instructions of Akazoo, host and store on their servers the Data of the Users and ensure the security of Akazoo’s technical infrastructure.
- Akazoo’s partners: certain partners, such as the telecommunications operators, the manufacturers of audio devices or marketing partners, may process Data in order to supply the Services and to implement joint communication plans. In the same way, Akazoo communicates the Data to social networks in order to ensure the promotion of the Services.
- The administrative or judicial authorities: Akazoo may communicate information relating to its Users, including Data, to the administrative or judicial authorities, in particular in the context of requisition.
Cross-border Data transfers outside the European Union
The User is hereby informed that the Data may be transferred within the Akazoo group to a country other than his/her country of residence and in particular outside of the European Union. The transfer of Data is made in accordance with the Applicable Regulation.
The User is also informed that the Data may be transferred to service providers, sub-contractors and partners located outside of the European Union. Prior to the transfer, and in accordance with the Applicable Regulation, Akazoo shall carry out the necessary requirements to obtain the necessary guarantees for the security of such transfers, in the countries that do not have an adequate level of protection, such as contractual clauses.
In accordance with the Applicable Regulation, Akazoo shall take all necessary measures to process the Data in a secure and confidential manner.
In particular, Akazoo shall implement the technical and organizational measures that will guarantee the security and confidentiality of the Data collected and processed, and in particular to prevent them from being distorted, damaged or communicated to unauthorized third parties, by ensuring a level of security that is appropriate to the risks linked to the processing and to the nature of the Data, taking into consideration the technical level and cost of such implementation.
Akazoo may not however guarantee the confidentiality of the Data rendered public by the User.
The Services may include links to third-party websites or external sources. The User acknowledges that the Policy only applies to the use of the Services, and does not in any way cover the Data collected and/or processed by the third-party websites or external sources to which the Services may link. Consequently, Akazoo cannot be held liable for the personal data collection and processing practices of these websites or external sources, which are governed, as the case may be, by the personal data policies that are specific to each of these websites or external sources.
Duration of retention of the Data
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period.
When determining the retention period (no longer than 24 months), we take into account various criteria, such as the type of Services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrolment with our Services, the impact on the Services we provide to you, if we delete some information from or about you and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
Rights over the Data
Akazoo recognizes that your privacy is very important and that Users have a number of rights in relation to how we process their personal data. These include:
- The right to access the Data,
- The right to correct the Data,
- The right to object to the collection and processing of the Data,
- The right to delete their Data,
- The right to limit the collection and processing of their Data,
- The right to portability of their Data.
The User may exercise his/her rights by sending a request by email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the following address: AKAZOO LIMITED – Legal Department – 101 Rose Street South Lane, Edinburgh, EH2 3JG, United Kingdom.
The User is informed that the exercise of certain rights, in particular objection and deletion, may restrict or prevent access and/or use of the Services.
Akazoo reserves the right to verify the User’s identity.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information, as defined by the US Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Rule, from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed to children under the age of 13.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (hereinafter “EEA”), we do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 16 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed to children under the age of 16. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, then you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13 (or 16 in the EEA), then we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
Contact details and Claims
For any claim regarding the processing of his/her Data, the User may send a request to Akazoo’s data protection officer at the address firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter at the following address: 101 Rose Street South Lane, Edinburgh, EH2 3JG, United Kingdom.
The data protection officer ensures the enforcement of the Applicable Regulation and of the Policy.
Cookies and other trackers
A tracker is a cookie, a beacon, a tag, an invisible pixel, or any other system capable of storing and/or collecting information relating to navigation on the User’s terminal (computer, tablet, etc.) and/or their activity, subject to their prior consent and except where the User has objected.
Purposes of the trackers used on the Services
The trackers, which are very useful, allow the Services to recognize the User, to signal the navigation through a particular page and to offer the User additional services: improvement of the browsing experience, ensuring the security of his/her connection or personalizing the page content based on his/her interests.
The trackers allow information relating to the registration or access to Services to be memorized, to implement security measures or even to adapt the presentation of the Services to meet the display preferences of the terminal (language, operating system, etc.).
The trackers allow the creation of statistics, visits and use logs of the various parts that comprise the Services (pages and content visited, path taken), as well as the creation of studies in order to improve the content proposed on the Services.
Akazoo may also give access to the collected Data, through trackers, to partners in order that the latter may carry out consumer behavioral studies.
Types of Data collected by the trackers
The information stored by the cookies and other trackers, for a limited validity period (see section “Duration of retention of the Data” above), relate in particular to the pages visited, the banners on which the User has clicked, the type of navigator used, the information entered into a site, in order to avoid having to enter them again.
The User’s choice concerning trackers
The User may at any time express and modify his/her wishes in relation to the trackers.The User may configure his/her browser in such a way as to accept or reject trackers from Akazoo or third parties, on a case-by-case basis, or on a permanent basis.
It is possible that the setting chosen may modify and/or restrict access to and use of the Services.Akazoo declines any liability concerning the consequences linked to the damaged functioning of the Services arising out of the impossibility for Akazoo to save or consult the trackers necessary for the operation of the Site and/or the Application that are refused or deleted by the User.
In order to make a choice in relation to his/her browser, the User may consult the following pages:
- Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari™: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
The User may also configure the settings on his/her browser in order to have the latter send a code to the websites indicating that he/she does not wish to be tracked (the “Do Not Track” option). For:
- Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17288/windows-internet-explorer-11-use-do-not-track
- Safari™: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/prevent-tracking-sfri40732/mac
- Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/114836?
- Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-turn-do-not-track-feature
- Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.10/en/notrack.html
The Akazoo Site is using Google Analytics to track your activity on the Service. If you do not want Google Analytics to collect and use information about your use of the website, then you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/).
The Akazoo Application is using Firebase Analytics to track your activity on the Service. If you do not want Firebase Analytics to collect and use information about your use of the Service, you can disable tracking in the Settings section of the Application.
If the User wishes to obtain further information on cookies and other trackers, his/her rights and how to block them, they may consult the site http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.