OUR COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
You agree that Postings from you, from your wireless or mobile device or from your User ID are your responsibility and therefore, you, not us or any other party are entirely responsible for the consequences of your Postings. We assume no responsibility for Postings, their deletion or any failure to store, transmit, receive, make available, display, forward or deliver Postings in any manner, timely or otherwise, even if due to our Service or Website, so don’t rely on us, our Website or our Services for any Posting. With respect to each and every one of your Postings on our Website or in connection with our Services, you agree, represent and warrant to us that:
- you are placing your Posting in the public domain without reserving any rights or further control over your Posting or its use. You specifically, unconditionally and irrevocably authorize us, at our option, to use your Posting, in whole or in part, throughout the universe, in perpetuity in or on any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, discovered or developed, whether alone or together, in combination or as part of other information, content and/or material of any kind or nature, without compensation, notice or any accounting or accountability to you or anyone else;
- 3. we have the right to delete, re-format, adapt, transform, create derivative works, port, translate and change any and all of your Postings in any manner in our sole discretion;
- your Postings are original to you or fully cleared for use and do not and shall not, in any way, violate or breach any terms or conditions that apply to you, any laws or regulations or any agreement by which you may be bound or contain any libelous, tortious or unlawful information, infringe or violate any copyright or the rights of any other party or contain any matter the publication, display or sale of which will violate any federal, state or local statute, regulation, ordinance or court order;
- your Postings are not and shall not be obscene or otherwise unlawful, injurious to the health of any person, including our personnel, any user or third party;
- and neither we, nor any other party, shall be required to pay or incur any sums or compensate you or any person, firm or enterprise as a result of or in connection with our use or exploitation of any Posting.
Interactions with Other Users
When you communicate with us, we require you to observe the same rules that apply when you are communicating with any one else on our Website or Service – don’t be abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, threatening, harassing, or otherwise communicate or behave inappropriately. If you don’t, we reserve the right to terminate your registrations, subscriptions, your right to use our Website and any or all of our Services (and you won’t be entitled to a refund).
Content and Activity is Your Responsibility
- is defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented or explicit, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, gender offensive or illegal or that infringes or violates another's rights (e.g., Intellectual Property rights; rights of privacy or publicity);
- is clearly offensive to us or, in our sole discretion, to the online community (e.g., if it promotes racism, violence, bigotry, sexism, harassment, hatred or harm of any kind);
- involves transmission of "junk mail", “SPAM”, "chain letters" or unsolicited mass mailing;
- is false, deceptive, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes illegal or unauthorized copying of someone else’s work (e.g., pirated computer programs, video or audio, circumventing copy-protection devices);
- exploits or could be used to exploit people in a sexual, violent, illegal or otherwise prohibited or harmful manner or causes or encourages others to do so;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities (e.g., illegal weapons, violating privacy, creating or transmitting computer viruses;
- involves any commercial activity, advertising or sales, even if no money is exchanged;
- solicits, induces or encourages others to provide Personal Information, passwords or any identifying information improperly, illegally, without authorization or under false pretenses, or causes or encourages others to do so;
- contains any Personal Information or information or profile information that is not yours or which should not be shared publicly or without the owner’s or rights holder’s consent;
- disparages, tarnishes or otherwise could adversely affect us, our Website or our Services.
Respecting Copyrights and Other Rights
If you believe any Content, User Generated Content or element of our Website or Service may violate any copyright please go to our Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement and follow the instructions for reporting that to us.
You are solely responsible for your actions (or failure to act when you should) and if you directly or indirectly encourage or attempt to have someone else do what you are prohibited from doing, we will still hold you accountable and you will be responsible as if you had done these things yourself. Examples of prohibited conduct include any activity that could or does:
- interfere with or disrupts our Website or Service or anything connected to these, including any digital rights management, intellectual property or security protections;
- involve any commercial purpose;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, macro, script or any manual or automated means to retrieve, index, "data mine", reproduce or circumvent navigational structure, the presentation, operation or intended use of our Website or Service.
- Post, email or transmit any software virus, program or code, file or material designed interrupt, disrupt, destroy or limit any features, functions or operations of ours or anyone else’s equipment, programs, communication or other resources or facilities;
- use meta tags, code or other devices in order to direct any person or any browser to any other site, page, location or service;
- impersonate any person or entity or deceive or pretend to be anyone or anything else but you.
Communication is Interstate and International
When you use our Service, to send messages, Post, search for things, participate in chats, any forum, if you upload or download Content, User Generated Content or any other material, even in your profile, you understand you will be initiating, originating, receiving and/or involved in communications that go through our computer networks and communication facilities, portions of which are or may in the future be located in a number of states and locations in the United States, in Greece and other countries around the world. You also acknowledge our systems configuration, network architecture and business practices, as well as the nature of digital and electronic communications, can result in the transmission of interstate and international communications no matter where you or your wireless or mobile device or personal computer may be physically located.
Don’t Assume Anything About Anyone or Anything
We caution you that opinions, advice, statements, offers and information are solely those of the authors or originators and you should NOT rely on them as accurate. You may never know whether it is there for entertainment or any other reason or purpose. Always consult with your own professional, financial, medical, legal, or other advisors, because when it comes to these things, we don’t guarantee accuracy, completeness or usefulness, nor do we check, verify, endorse or accept responsibility for these things.
DON’T share anything you don’t want everyone to know or that might embarrass you. Our Website and Service are public spaces.
DO be careful about joining communities of others or adding others to your community. People aren't always who they say they are. Things are not always what they seem.
DON’T mislead people. Be truthful when you share. Deception makes people angry and has consequences – even here.
DO report harassment, hate speech and other inappropriate Posts or behaviors. If you feel someone's behavior is inappropriate or making you uncomfortable, report it right away.
DON’T share your identity or Personal Information with anyone you don’t know. Things like your real name, phone numbers and addresses make it easy for someone to find you – even someone you don’t want to find you or someone you don’t want to communicate with.
DO take your conduct seriously. We give you control over your online experience. That means you choose what to share or not and what to do or not. What you decide online has consequences and may give someone else some control, especially if you share information or choose to meet or communicate with someone.
DON’T meet people you do not fully know. If you do decide to meet, do it in a public place, bring a friend and make sure people know exactly where you are and what you are doing ALL THE TIME – online or in person.
DO try using a third-party, anonymous email address. As an added safety measure, we recommend using a third-party, anonymous email address expressly for communicating with other users instead of using your personal (and potentially personally identifiable) email address or account.
DON’T use a provocative, sexually explicit, shocking or otherwise inappropriate user name. Using inappropriate names and words may get you noticed, but also may attract the wrong kind of attention. Remember you can control your choices; you can’t control what others think.
Always Use Your Own Judgment And Common Sense When Using Our Website And Our Services. For reference our:
Community Guidelines can be reviewed at any time at http://www.akazoo.com/site/documents/community-guidelines
© Copyright 2009 Internetq, Inc. All Rights Reserved.